Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's a different CNY...

This year's CNY is a lil different for me....

Usually every year for the past many many years since my parents moved to KL, there will be this family affair, where my parents and my sisters together with all the bro-in-laws, nieces & nephew (16 of us) will go somewhere for a short holiday. We will usually have our family "tuan-yuan-fan" (gathering lunch) on eve of CNY, then 2 of my sisters will be going back to the husbands' hometown for their family gathering dinner. Then on 2nd day of CNY, we will all meet at the holiday resort, whether it's Port Dickson, or Malacca, or A' Famosa...or wherever outside of KL. Then we will spent some family quality time together, all 16 of us, until 4th day of CNY.

This year, for some many reasons, this "tradition" did not happen, so I spent the whole CNY in KL for the 1st time! And because of that, I did spend a lot more time with my in-laws too. For the 1st time (since we'r in town), I went relative-visiting with my parents-in-law together with hubby & baby. This really made my mum-in-law happy I must say...And well, the visitings were not too bad & boring at all, as I always thought they would be. Plus, we collected lots of ang-pows! haha...

So how was your Chinese New Year?

Oh BTW today is Valentine's Day, I almost forgotten! Well since I dont have a romantic hubby, this is usually not considered a special occasion for me, how sad...But what about you? How do u plan to celebrate your Valentine's Day tonight?
Wish u have a sweet wonderful romantic Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Dio Brando said...

Happy Valentine's Day...

I also did not do anything special for my wife... we just brought bb out shopping n dinner

Natasha said...

you're tagged. http://gnatasha.blogspot.com/2008/02/six-unimportant-things-about-me.html

Daphne Ling said...

Hi Sharlydia,

"Well since I dont have a romantic hubby..."

At least got hubby?

Be positive ma =)

Hehe...

Happy Belated Valentine's though...

sharlydia said...

dio - that was sweet too!

natasha - will check out the tag later...thx!

daphne - yeah...be positive is good, so same to u ok?