Thursday, August 16, 2007

Our lil bundle of Joy!


It took me a while to decide which should I post here at my very first blog...and finally i decided on this one - about my 1 year old lil cute baby....

Some people may think & say :
sigh, this new mum, is gonna just write & write about how cute her baby is, nothing new lar!
Guess what? I may surprise u! haha!

Infact, having to write about this, it's also to remind myself of the joyous moment in my life! When my lil baby boy was born Sept last year, he weighed 3.6kg and he was born without epidural (a type of painkiller for those men out there who may not know, hehe!). I was proud of myself and ofcoz my hubby was proud of me too! The type of joy when baby came out from my womb was just "undescripable" and i'm sure those of you out there who are parents will know what i mean...

Like a blink of an eye, the experience of giving birth is still so fresh to me and yet baby is already almost one year old now! Time flies...

I must say...being a working mom, it's never easy for me to juggle the busy schedule and yet spend enough quality time with my lil baby, plus breast-feeding during the first 6 months! And I've shared with many many new mothers that this is worth the effort! Infact I feel like I can start a breast-feeding consulting business since I've consulted sooooo many friends, friends' wives, hubby's friends, hubby's friends wives and colleagues on this matter! hahaha! Some came to me asking about the feeding, some asked me about juggling work & feeding the baby, some asked me about traveling for work while nursing, some asked me about handling breastmilk, etc, and I must say, this mode of exchanging notes is so important and encouraging!

Now that baby is turning one, seeing him with some lil cute teeth and the lovely smile each day, I realised that the joyous moment did not just stop at the moment he was born, but has been with me and my hubby and our whole family throughout the last 11+ months...

7 comments:

zewt said...

hello there... i bid you welcome to the wonderful world of blogosphere... looks like moms are really taking the blogging world by storm!!!

it's always difficult to be a working mom. i am currently working with one, a new one too. yeah, you should consult your friends, husband's friends and the lot... but at the end of the day, it will be your decision together with your husband.

thanks for dropping by my blog and hope to see ya around.

sharlydia said...

Thanx for dropping by too! Just started & will write more...One for today about friendship which i'll post it later today...Will surely drop by ur blog more often!

Natasha said...

Hi Sharlydia,

Thanks for visiting and do visit more often. I was just reading your blog and I think we have more in common than the 8 things we love about Malaysia.

We both seem to be married 2 years ago and our 1st babies are born in the month of Sept. A coincidence? I think not.

sharlydia said...

Hi Natasha, yes wat a coincidence! Sorry I din really read all your entries on your blog since there were so many of them, so i din get to pick up these common things among us...But since i have limited entries, u can read them all!

U know what? Keep visiting and i'll have more to write...

fishtail said...

Welcome to the delightful world of bloggers! It's a great place to be :)

Dio Brando said...

Personally I feel that having a baby is a wonderful experience. It starts a new stage in your life. Makes u understand what been a parent is all about and feel the joy and pain in raising a child.

sharlydia said...

dio brando - i sooo agree with u man!